If you’re looking to draw up your own house plans, you don’t need to be an architect or a draftsman to get started. All you need is a bold pencil, eighth-inch graph paper and a ruler. The sketch doesn’t have to be detailed. Details are for your house designer.
What Supplies Do I Need?
* **Pencil:** A bold pencil is best for sketching. A regular No. 2 pencil will do the trick.
* **Eighth-inch Graph Paper:** Eighth-inch graph or grid paper is ideal for floor plans. It’s easy to draw on and makes it easy to measure and scale your plan.
* **Ruler:** A ruler is necessary for measuring and drawing straight lines.
Tips for Drawing House Plans
* **Start with the Exterior:** Start by sketching the exterior walls of the house. Include the width and length of each wall.
* **Add Interior Walls:** Next, draw the interior walls of the house. This will give you an idea of the room layout.
* **Draw Doors and Windows:** Draw the doors and windows on the exterior walls. Include the size and location of each.
* **Add Details:** Finally, add details such as stairs, fireplaces, and built-in cabinets.
Drawing your own house plans is a great way to get started on your dream home. With a few simple supplies and a little bit of time, you can create a plan that will serve as the foundation for your new home. So grab your pencil, graph paper and ruler and get started!
I am A Graphics Design Professional Having much Experience. Worked more than 10 Years As A designer At Envato Elements. I love to share Graphics Design Principles, Tips , Tricks And Design Inspiration to Beginners.