# Can Infographics Be Hand Drawn?
Infographics are a powerful tool for visualizing data and conveying complex information in an easy-to-understand format. In the early days of data visualization, people made infographics by hand because they had to. Today, however, there are a variety of tools available to create digital infographics. But many designers still prefer to make their infographics by hand.
## Benefits of Hand Drawing Infographics
* Hand drawing infographics can give them a unique, personal touch.
* It allows for more creative freedom, since you can draw whatever you want.
* Hand drawing infographics can be faster than creating them digitally.
* It can be more cost-effective than using software or other digital tools.
## Tips for Hand Drawing Infographics
* Start with a sketch: Before you start drawing, it’s important to plan out your infographic. Sketch out a rough draft of what you want it to look like.
* Use simple shapes: When drawing by hand, it’s best to use simple shapes like circles, squares, and triangles. This will make it easier to draw and will give your infographic a clean, professional look.
* Use contrasting colors: Contrasting colors will help make your infographic easier to read and understand.
* Add texture: Adding texture to your infographic can give it a unique, hand-drawn look. You can do this by using different line weights, cross-hatching, and shading.
## Examples of Hand Drawn Infographics
* [The London Underground Map](https://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps/track/tube): This iconic map was originally hand drawn by Harry Beck in 1931.
* [The Napoleonic Wars Map](https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/resources/napoleonic-wars-map/): This map was hand drawn in 1815 to illustrate the Napoleonic Wars.
* [The Solar System Map](https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/nasa-s-new-map-of-the-solar-system): This map was hand drawn by NASA in 2016 to illustrate the relative positions of the planets in the solar system.
Hand drawing infographics can be a great way to add a personal touch to your data visualizations. With the right tools and techniques, you can create beautiful, eye-catching infographics that will capture your audience’s attention.