# How Much Information Should Be in an Infographic?
Infographics are a great way to present complex information in an easy-to-understand format. But how much information should be included in an infographic?
## Be Concise
The most-shared infographics have, on average, between 227 and 230 words. And this tells us a few key rules about texts on infographics:
– Visual elements should dominate.
– Texts should serve to direct attention to the main elements of the infographic.
– Texts should be concise and to the point.
– Longer texts should be avoided.
## Keep It Simple
In addition to being concise, infographics should also be simple. The most successful infographics are those that are easy to understand and don’t require a lot of explanation.
– Use simple language and avoid jargon.
– Break down complex information into simple, easy-to-understand chunks.
– Focus on the most important information and leave out the rest.
## Use Visuals
Visuals are an important part of any infographic. They can help to illustrate a point or provide context for the information being presented.
– Use visuals to draw attention to the most important elements of the infographic.
– Choose visuals that are relevant to the topic and easy to understand.
– Use visuals to break up long blocks of text and make the infographic more visually appealing.
When creating an infographic, it’s important to keep the amount of information included to a minimum. Visuals should dominate, and texts should be concise and to the point. By following these guidelines, you can create an effective and engaging infographic that will help to convey your message.