Skip to content
How to Train Your Dragon Characters
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- The protagonist of the series, Hiccup is a Viking teenager from the island of Berk who aspires to be a dragon trainer.
- He is a clever, resourceful, and inventive young man who is determined to prove himself as a worthy Viking.
- He is the son of Stoick the Vast, the village chief, and Valka, a dragon rescuer.
- He is the best friend of Toothless, a Night Fury dragon.
- Toothless is a Night Fury, the rarest and most intelligent of all dragon species.
- He is the best friend of Hiccup and the two share a special bond.
- He is a loyal and brave dragon who is willing to protect his friends at all costs.
- He is also incredibly fast and agile, able to outmaneuver any other dragon in flight.
- Astrid is a Viking teenager from the island of Berk and a close friend of Hiccup.
- She is a fierce and determined warrior who is not afraid to speak her mind.
- She is also a skilled dragon trainer and has a close bond with her dragon, Stormfly.
- She is the love interest of Hiccup and the two eventually marry.
Stoick the Vast
- Stoick is the chief of the village of Berk and the father of Hiccup.
- He is a brave and noble Viking who is determined to protect his people from the dragons.
- He is a wise and fair leader who is respected by all of the villagers.
- He is also a skilled dragon trainer and has a close bond with his dragon, Thornado.