What Does Character Design Fall Under?
Character design is a form of visual art that falls under the umbrella of visual arts. It is the process of creating a character’s aesthetic, personality, behavior, and overall visual appearance. Character designers create characters as a vehicle for storytelling, and they are often used in animation, video games, comics, and other forms of media.
Character Design Elements
Character design involves a variety of elements, including:
- Aesthetic: This is the character’s overall look, which includes their physical features, clothing, and accessories.
- Personality: This is the character’s behavior, attitude, and mannerisms.
- Visual Appearance: This is the character’s visual representation, which includes their body shape, facial features, and other details.
Character Design Process
The character design process involves several steps, including:
- Conceptualization: This is the initial brainstorming phase, where the character’s concept and design are developed.
- Sketching: This is the process of creating rough sketches of the character.
- Refining: This is the process of refining the character’s design, which includes adding details and making adjustments.
- Finalization: This is the process of finalizing the character’s design, which includes adding color and making any necessary changes.
Character design is an important part of visual arts, and it is used in a variety of media, including animation, video games, comics, and more. It involves creating a character’s aesthetic, personality, behavior, and overall visual appearance, and it requires a creative and detailed process.