What Does It Cost to Copyright a Character?
Copyrighting a character can be a great way to protect your creative work. But how much does it cost to copyright a character? Here’s a breakdown of the fees associated with copyrighting a character.
The fees associated with copyrighting a character vary depending on the type of application you file. Here’s a breakdown of the fees for the most common types of applications:
* **Registration of a claim in an original work of authorship:**
* Single author, same claimant, one work, not for hire: $45
* Standard Application: $65
* Paper Filing (Forms PA, SR, TX, VA, SE): $125
* **Registration of a claim in a group of unpublished works:** $85